Thursday, July 05, 2007

I just wanted to post again to say I am now home in Athens with my family. It has been a difficult week with the passing of my dear friend Craig in a sudden car accident. Flying into Toronto from London on Sunday and then out to Winnipeg to be with the Vanderveen family for the funeral was more draining than a month of travelling Europe. I feel so blessed though by the prayers of all those around me who supported us all at such a confusing and sad time. Please continue to keep Craig's family and friends in your prayers in the weeks to come. Love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen
be reassured of our prayers
and love for you's all.

love jane

Mary Lou and Ron Donkersloot said...

Karen,

I'm not sure if you check this blog anymore but I wanted to say how grateful we are that you and Katy had such a great time and that you arrived back safely. (A pity about your bags, however.) After we heard about your bags we were all parinoid after each flight but our bags made it safely.

The news about Craig was indeed devestating for all of you. Katy found out the day before the wedding but couldn't really say anything about it to anyone because of the wedding. Mary Lou and I found out after the wedding. I am glad that you got back in time to get to the funeral but I can only imagine how difficult it was for you to change from having fun traveling in Europe to grieving for a close friend. I think Katy had a difficult time trying to sort all of that out as she was still in Europe. I'm glad she was able to connect with you guys when she got back this week. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Ron Donkersloot

Karen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, I'm so glad! Thank you for all your comments throughout our trip. Katy and I had such a good time together...I'm still hoping something works out with my bags. Oh well.

Thank you for your prayers and support surrounding Craig's accident. I was very grateful to be able to attend the funeral. I was praying for Katy as she was so far away and knowing how hard it is to find out such devastating news and feel so far from everyone. I'm so glad she had you both there for her.
I hope it's not too hard for you to adjust back to life in New Mexico after such rainy weather in Wales and Holland!
Lots of love!